• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Replenish troubleshooting

Replenish (SPH-M580bst)
Version:None for now(2.3.6 rooted when phoenix0.2 rom was installed)
Manufacturer-Samsung
Carrier-Boost

mounts mount points replenish - Pastebin.com

cpu info replenish cpu info - Pastebin.com

build prop(for rom previously installed and currently trying to install) Replenish Phoenix0.2 build prop - Pastebin.com

Hello guys! thanks for all the great stuff youve made for various devices. ive used rom and kernel from konane for the induldge, and cwmr from shabby for the admire and the replenish. ive hit a snag and have not been able to fix it myself or find a solution online and stumbled upon this forum by mistake...hopefully someone can help me figure this out. this is especially directed toward shabby because he made the cwm for the phone and i believe helped FireHak make the rom i was running and am trying to install. Basically my problem is that i am stuck in clockworkmod recovery and flashing a .zip never moves past the beginning where it says "formatting...be patient". If i try to mount /data it freezes...if i try to mount /data thru adb shell, it freezes adb...same if i try to format it. The rom however makes /data mount on the sd-ext partition(mmcblk0p2), which i have no problem formatting. no problem formatting or mounting /cache(stl14) or /system(stl12) either. cwm also freezes if i try to fix permissions or try to wipe dalvik cache. also if i try to use parted on stl13(old data partition?) it freezes as well when done thru adb or thru using aroma filemanager's terminal emulator flashed thru cwm. I have tried each of these steps over 20 times each with no dice: uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, re-flashed via odin the original cwm-the updated cwm for phoenix rom, and variations of these including trying several different samsung data cords, turning off my virus protection on my pc because they sometimes mess with flashing...there are no return to stock files i can find anywhere other than a cwm backup which i cant use because its RFS and the phone is formatted to ext4. im stuck at finding a fix to make the rom install so the phone will work again. any imput or advice would be awesome and thanks for the work you guys do! hope to be half as good one day

whoops, apologies i thought i had given that link out ages ago. anyways i changed hosts so im reuploading now but i have a stock odin tar of FA19 :)

www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Samsung/Random/Replenish/Replenish-FA19-One-Click-Restore.exe

it will be finished uploading in about an hour from the time of this edit (8:54 am EST). download it run the exe put your device into download mode and be aware this will wipe your entire device back to stock, modems rfs everything :) feel free to share with any other replenish owners that would like to have it :)

Reactions: tryin2function
Upvote 0
unfortunatly this does nothing at all since im on boost not sprint =( im back to square one again. is there any other info i could pull from the device to figure out the problem? is there a problem with the zip im trying to flash thru cwm? do i need to edit the scripts? im at a loss lol been reading as much as i can but being somewhat newbish its alot to take in.

Upvote 0
left it running for 2 hours...just stays at setup connection

<ID:0/033> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/033> Odin v.3 engine (ID:33)..
<ID:0/033> File analysis..
<ID:0/033> SetupConnection..

all the drivers are installed correctly, have the original samsung data cord for the device, have anti virus off, ect ect ect...im starting to unzip and analyze the rom im trying to install and see if i can edit the updater-script or possibly something else on it or the device or at least read what the infos say and see if i see anything that looks off...in his thread firehak said that flashing the phoenix.tar is an update to your clockworkmod recovery that formats /system and /cache to ext4, yet when i used parted earlier they were both ext2 and i was unable to upgrade them to ext3...also it appears /data is still pointed to stl13 when its supposed to be on sdext as mmcblk0p2...just little things ive seen messin around today not sure if thats my problem here or how to fix other than flash back to stock, but maybe someones had similar issues on other devices...thanks for your responses shabby

Upvote 0
question...since i am still able to boot in CWMR and use aroma file manger to add files to the phone, is it possible to add all necessary files/directories ect this way and get it working? ive allready started adding files but am unsure of what permissions to give everything...and another question, i noticed busybox applets in /sbin all have a busybox symlink...and also for some recovery functions you see a symlink to recovery...however, a few of what i think are key functions of recovery(flash_unlock, fix_permissions, nandroid-md5.sh, flash_eraseall)maybe others but i dont know all that relate to recovery do not have a symlink to recovery...could this cause the problem of not being able to flash roms or do wipe data/factory restore?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones