• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sd card note 8

If I lost an sd card will my data be safe? I lost an sd card for my note 8 and had some personal stuff on it. After my phone got hacked it would tell me can only be decrypted on the same device it was encrypted on.
well on the note 8 you can't format as internal storage so most of your data is actually on the phone. rarely will data be saved on the sd card thru the app. you just have to worry about any personal files and pictures that are on the card. i would not worry about data.

Reactions: puppykickr
Upvote 0
well on the note 8 you can't format as internal storage so most of your data is actually on the phone. rarely will data be saved on the sd card thru the app. you just have to worry about any personal files and pictures that are on the card. i would not worry about data.

Which app and when I say data I mean like anything that could be on the card.

Upvote 0
Which app and when I say data I mean like anything that could be on the card.
sorry not thru the app i meant to say in the phone's settings under apps, you can move the app to the sd card. but this only moves a portion of the app....mostly cache and temp files will get stored there. if you included personal files as data then yes......unless you have the card encrypted which you should be able to do. just keep in mind though, once encrypted only the original phone will be able to read the card. not even a pc will be able to read it and it will not work on other phones either.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
sorry not thru the app i meant to say in the phone's settings under apps, you can move the app to the sd card. but this only moves a portion of the app....mostly cache and temp files will get stored there. if you included personal files as data then yes......unless you have the card encrypted which you should be able to do. just keep in mind though, once encrypted only the original phone will be able to read the card. not even a pc will be able to read it and it will not work on other phones either.

After I hats reset the phone it was telling me it couldn't decrypt because it needed to be decrypted on the same phone it was encrypted on but I don't even remember ever encrypting it to be honest. Could whoever hacked me encrypted it and it useless or something. They also jacked up my firmware. Needs to be flashed but cant figure out how to do it. Tried Odin but keeps giving me trouble. Any suggestions in that as well?

Upvote 0
After I hats reset the phone it was telling me it couldn't decrypt because it needed to be decrypted on the same phone it was encrypted on but I don't even remember ever encrypting it to be honest. Could whoever hacked me encrypted it and it useless or something. They also jacked up my firmware. Needs to be flashed but cant figure out how to do it. Tried Odin but keeps giving me trouble. Any suggestions in that as well?
they could if they had full control of your phone. but most hacks usually just steals your identity.

so wait did you lose your card and then find it? or do you mean you lost control of your card due to what you think was from hackers?

as far as odin goes make sure you have the correct firmware for your device. if you are not sure use this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tool-frija-samsung-firmware-downloader-checker.3910594/......you will still need to use odin to flash the firmware.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones