• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Service issues

iAmerica29

Lurker
Jan 29, 2015
I've had sprint and the same phone for over a year.. I've also lived in the same house for over a year. In may my service went bad.. couldn't load anything and it would take 10 tries to send a small text message. It fixed itself after 3 days. Well 2 weeks ago it started again. It's worse now though.
Issues:
Can't receive calls
Drops calls
Can't use data.
I'm either roaming or my signal goes from a red X to full bars for a split second.
I get every error code there is, with MIP error codes mostly and they come right after the other..not even a second a part.
I've factory restored twice, I've used the dialer code to do the hands free activation.
I power cycle several times a day.. I update profile and prl.

Sprint knows.. they told me lies for 2 weeks about towers being upgraded. Then eventually told me I can get out of my contract at no cost. I feel like it is something in my settings that is wrong.. or the phone itself. I have a non rooted galaxy note 2

Personally I have Sprint service myself, and while I have never had as my problems as yiu have described, I too have had a few problems in the past.

From what you have said, it sounds to me like the Sprint Rep you spoke to was correct, and that your problems are related to tower problems. My guess is that the reason you problems have been wildly sporadic is that Sprint is in the process of upgrading the towers in your area. In some areas, Sprint is still in the Rip-and-Replace phase of upgrading towers. When that happens, phone and data services can be really flaky.

Since the Sprint Rep mentioned that you can get out of your contact if you want, then you have two choices...Stay with Sprint, and wait out the network upgrade, and have better signal and service in the end, or cancel your Sprint service, and go with a different carrier.

Reactions: PattiCakeUS
Upvote 0
Yes it's been an on going thing for just about 7 weeks now.. they concluded that it was my device, so I got a new one and it was the same. The last ticket submitted to the engineers was done at 6 am yesterday. Still the same issues.

They offered me the antenna booster, I plan on doing that. Customer service has been helpful and that's one thing I do like about Sprint.

Reactions: kct1975
Upvote 0
Yes it's been an on going thing for just about 7 weeks now.. they concluded that it was my device, so I got a new one and it was the same. The last ticket submitted to the engineers was done at 6 am yesterday. Still the same issues.

They offered me the antenna booster, I plan on doing that. Customer service has been helpful and that's one thing I do like about Sprint.
A little over a year ago, the cell signal started getting bad when I was at my house. I went through all of the rests, including the hands free activation. Finally Sprint rep told me that the most likely reason was the towers being worked on, and they sent to me a Airvana signal booster. So far, the signal booster has been working well. So I personally would recommend getting it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones