• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[SGS3-R530M] Modem Repository

Word up. Thanks! Shabby . quick question are you working on updates to your metropolis? It's by far my favorite. I've been holding out for an update rather than switching to another rom.

He just posted it go try it out ;) also shabby has added the new mf2 modem if u guys did not get the update for mf2 then download it from the first post. And yes will work on any rom regardless if it's stock touch wiz rom or aosp rom. If Ya got the update from metro then Ya don't have to flash this.

Upvote 0
He just posted it go try it out ;) also shabby has added the new mf2 modem if u guys did not get the update for mf2 then download it from the first post. And yes will work on any rom regardless if it's stock touch wiz rom or aosp rom. If Ya got the update from metro then Ya don't have to flash this.

I updated the new mf2 modem as soon as it was posted. I was using metropolis 1.3.0 signal did seem more solid. As soon as I saw the metropolis update this morning I was like "let's go with throttle up". So I'm using the new 1.4.0. So far so good, thnx for looking out to all who contribute to the cause.

Upvote 0
im guessing that mf2 is probably the last update from metro, and with that im curious if shabby is gonna start support for the s4 or even the s5 by the time metros done pulling our weight on their network. they said they would end support of their cdma network by 2015 but others say their already starting to shut down some of the cdma network
btw do they allow upgrades to new phones from old ones with discounts, i dont feel like paying a hefty 500plus bucks for their newest devices

Upvote 0
im guessing that mf2 is probably the last update from metro, and with that im curious if shabby is gonna start support for the s4 or even the s5 by the time metros done pulling our weight on their network. they said they would end support of their cdma network by 2015 but others say their already starting to shut down some of the cdma network
btw do they allow upgrades to new phones from old ones with discounts, i dont feel like paying a hefty 500plus bucks for their newest devices

oh no, no support for the sgs4. just wanted to see if i could use kies to get them a tar.

the metropcs sgs3 will be the last phone i work on for metropcs people, you guys dont need people like me anymore. you guys have plenty of roms and support going forward now :)

Reactions: c0ntrolfre4k15
Upvote 0
oh no, no support for the sgs4. just wanted to see if i could use kies to get them a tar.

the metropcs sgs3 will be the last phone i work on for metropcs people, you guys dont need people like me anymore. you guys have plenty of roms and support going forward now :)

Kinda off topic shabby...but if I bring a phone from att T-Mobile or a nexus what would the procedure be for flashing ROMs and compatibility...wouldn't something like apns be messed up...

Upvote 0
apn is for carrier, youll need to re input it per rom flash but its the same info for metro :). its nessecary on every phone not sold by metropcs and running a metropcs rom.

as far as rom to flash, thats up to you...

So if I hypothetically get a tmo phone I should flash a tmo ROM and not a metro ROM...and then input apn ...or could I do either...

Upvote 0
Just to re-cap here since this thread hasn't had much attention in a few months...

I am running Carbon Rom, baseband version is R530MVQUBNA1

Are those links in the OP still valid? Should I go ahead and try to flash some of these modems to my phone and hope for the best or is there no need for this anymore?

Thanks in advance. This place is really awesome.

EDIT1: Link is broken.........

EDIT2: Is this the correct link? Which one do I use???

http://shabbypenguin.com/?developer=MetroPCS_Samsung_SG3(CDMA-White)&folder=Stock-LJ1

Upvote 0
Is there anyone have any idea when we're gonna get the new modem update I'm waiting to update my phone with new Rom, b/c the old modem with the newest Rom I couldn't get any data on my phone.
From what I have read in the numerous threads, it is a kernel issue. Some users have reported that flashing the D2LTE Lean Kernel fixes data/signal issues. May we ask what ROM you are using, what modem and any other pertinent information?

Reactions: MikeEthio
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones