• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I suppose that KG Status CHECKING finally disappears from Download mode?

and200cc

Feb 15, 2021
In my Tab S6, the line in Download mode stating KG Status Prenormal was totally disappeared after I completed the Android initial setup; while I had different experience with my Tab S7: The line KG Status PRENORMAL has changed to KG Status CHECKING and remained Checking even after I've fully completed the Android initial setup including updating all emergency and optional apps (except system and security updates).

I don't know if this KG Status remains CHECKING is a problem e.g. an indication of unfinished process. Should I suppose (like my Tab S6) this line get totally removed from Download mode? If so, what I have to do more to complete with KG status.

EDIT: I have followed same process with my Tab S6 and S7; like Tab S7 I haven't updated system and security updates for Tab S6.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones