• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Upvote 0
What is "4G CDMA"? The US "CDMA" standard was a 2G standard, was extended to 3G but AFAIK there was never a 4G version of it. The networks that used that standard adopted LTE as their 4G standard, same as everyone else (which is why their phones use SIM cards now).

I have however checked the specs that @ocnbrze posted against the LTE frequencies used by the US "CDMA" networks and it's not compatible at all with Sprint, very limited compatibility with Verizon, so if your plan was to use it on a US CDMA network it would be a bad choice (the only other CDMA networks I can think of were in Canada, but as you don't say what country you are in I'm going to guess you are American).

Upvote 0
What is "4G CDMA"? The US "CDMA" standard was a 2G standard, was extended to 3G but AFAIK there was never a 4G version of it. The networks that used that standard adopted LTE as their 4G standard, same as everyone else (which is why their phones use SIM cards now).

I have however checked the specs that @ocnbrze posted against the LTE frequencies used by the US "CDMA" networks and it's not compatible at all with Sprint, very limited compatibility with Verizon, so if your plan was to use it on a US CDMA network it would be a bad choice (the only other CDMA networks I can think of were in Canada, but as you don't say what country you are in I'm going to guess you are American).
Exactly LTE network and I want swich my mobile (Sm-a115f/ds) to Verizon system to use voLTE CDMA sim .
Yemen

Upvote 0
So the question is which LTE bands does Verizon use and which bands does that phone support? You may want to do your own checks, but from the quick web searches I did it did not look hopeful.

(The "CDMA" standard doesn't use SIMs, and LTE isn't a CDMA technology. So while Verizon are historically a CDMA network talking about a "CDMA SIM" just causes confusion. Best just to say "will it work with a Verizon SIM?").

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones