• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sim removed err, Sprint S4 on Boost

• Thread starter Android CDMA Question
  • Start date
A

Android CDMA Question

Hello I hope this is posted in the correct area, I searched but found nothing. I am hoping someone is familiar with this issue. As stated I am using a Sprint S4 (L720) on my boost account. Boost does not support the S4 yet.
First question is the UICC card is different than a normal SIM right?
2nd. I purchased a Sprint S4 to use on Boost. Boost claims to use 4Glte (running on the Sprint network) a UICC is required. No one @ Boost has a clue what this is. Sprint gave me a SIM and Boost sent me one. Same issue.
Unable to contact network followed by SIM removed restart device.
I have no Internet access when not using WiFi.
Nor do I have LTE service.
Am I stuck waiting years for Boost to support the S4?
Or do I need to speak with someone who knows what they are talking about in order to get a UICC card?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Happy New Year all.

Larry

A lot of info on UICC cards here:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Integrated_Circuit_Card

If Boost doesn't support the S4 I don't know what you can do. I certainly wouldn't wait for them to begin supporting it, they likely never will. If you really want to use the S4 seems to me the fix is to get rid of friggin' Boost.

Thanks Crash. I too have come to the same conclusion. ..goto Sprint.
I also agree, if Boost ever suports the S4 it won't be worth having by that time.

Thanks again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones