• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Simple Mobile is the Devil!

How quickly did she use that data? Was it over a month, or all in one day? And as above, how did she reach that number? MVNOs are far more restrictive (and more likely to enforce) on data policies than the big carriers. If you're tethering for example, a large carrier will likely send you a nastygram and a reminder you need to stop or buy a tethering plan, while an MVNO may simply state you've violated your terms of service and goodbye.

Upvote 0
You realize that Simple Mobile and Straight Talk are technically the same company (owned by the same parent company)?

Yup.

But never once have I physically seen a t mobile sim on ST get throttled. This includes up to 15gb being used a month by some.

Now you may say "but I've seen online where people have got throttled....." I have a whole different opinion about these "people" which I'll share another time. But that's why I said "physically" seen. I know several people on ST that average 5 to 10 gb a month and have had zero issues. I myself am a light data user and average around 4 to 5.

So if you are having issues and you would obviously have coverage with ST, then why not switch to ST and not worry about getting cut off?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones