• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Skype and MSN Messenger

JamesFoster

May 16, 2010
I bought an unbranded HTC Desire 2 months ago. Last night I accessed:
Three - Welcome to Three
through the cellular connection (not Wi-Fi). I saw the download links for Skype and Windows Live (MSN) Messenger.
There is also a download link for Spotify and 2 months trial (free of charge).
I thought some People would want to know this.
I've installed all 3 (no pun intended) apps and they all work very well. Spotify is so addictive.

You can only download them if 3 says the phone is compatible. My son brought a Samsung GT-540 yesterday and when he attempted to download MSN Messenger app it told him that it was not compatible with his phone. :(

Luckily I have the HTC Hero on 3 and already had the MSN Messenger app installed. So using File Manager, I backed the app up, and then copied the back-up .apk to his phone and installed it for him. Now he can talk on MSN whilst out and about without using any of his internet allowance. \o/ :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones