• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SM-G906S T-mobile network issues

Maverick923

Lurker
Jun 23, 2012
I have the G906S. It was working on T-Mobile perfectly for nearly a year since I got it. Then all of a sudden it would not connect to the network. Somehow I got it to connect again, but then the same thing happened.

The phone reads the sim, but I get out of service and network unknown when I check the status. I do see my phone number so I know the sim is being read. I had MetroPCS do activation with a MetroPCS sim, and they were able to activate it, but I still had the same issue. I checked the IMEI, and the IMEI is clean.

The phone will connect to AT&T, but not T-Mobile. I have upgraded, downgraded, factory reset, changed bands, and changed modems. Nothing seems to work.
Really not sure where to look for this issue as I have never had it before. I would really appreciate some help or info on this issue.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones