• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

topspin34

Lurker
Jul 28, 2023
I love ST so far but I need a phone that is smaller. The ones I have used, the Moto Stylus and the Samsung are just too big and heavy. Does ST offer a phone with a good amount of memory and 5G that isn't so big and heavy? If not could I use another phone from a different carrier and transfer it to my ST plan? Thanks in advance!

I love ST so far but I need a phone that is smaller. The ones I have used, the Moto Stylus and the Samsung are just too big and heavy. Does ST offer a phone with a good amount of memory and 5G that isn't so big and heavy? If not could I use another phone from a different carrier and transfer it to my ST plan? Thanks in advance!
why not just go to Straight Talk's website and do your research there:

also Phone Finder - search for a phone by feature - GSMArena.com has a great phone finder with many options to filter out.

the only way to use another phone from a different carrier is if the phone has been carrier unlocked. not carriers will do this and not all phones will do this.

Upvote 0
When i used straight talk, using any phone that's compatible with the tower your phone currently connects with would work. Case in point, I was able to use my locked Galaxy S5 (verizon) with a straight talk Byop 'verizon compatible' SIM card. So if you find your smaller dream phone, make sure you get the proper model or SIM for it. You are NOT stuck with whatever garbage ST offers.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones