• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Some apps are crashing

Dec 4, 2014
Hi,

I received an ASUS fonepad 7 yesterday. This is my first Android device. Overall I am happy with the performance of the device. Problem is other than Vuze not a single torrent client is working. Even Vuze is creating trouble. My ISP supports local Peering so when Local peers are available I get a speed boost. When I start a download in Vuze it immediately detect local peers and starts downloading at high speed but after a few second speed drops to my line speed.

When I start a download in Utorrent it crashes.

Any ideas ?

Seems to me like you are having an OS-App conflict. Start by uninstalling Vuze and Utorrent, then update all your apps using Google play and note all the apps that don't run on your OS and remove them. There's a possibility your android OS was updated but some apps were not updated, so you'll have to do that manually. When torrents are downloading, and speed is boosted, all other internet connections on your phone get terminated or slow down; this might have happened when the updates were running.

Upvote 0
That looks okay ! I would say why don't you try backing up your data and perform a complete factory reset, sometimes it helps in getting out of all the problems !

Both Utorrent and VLC were crashing from day 1. I have found a working alternative of Utorrent called atorrent and the default Video player is working okay. This tab is not even a week old and frankly I don't wanna do anything major.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones