• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sport Over The Ear Bluetooth Heaphones

supradude

May 19, 2013
I have an okay pair of in-earbuds that I found thanks to twister (Hifiman RE-300a) and like the size as they fit in the ear okay, but unfortunately I have found anything in the ear just isn't for me.

So, I'm looking for suggestions for over the ear Bluetooth headphones. Needing something that will stay on the head while running, cutting grass, weed eating, leaf blowing, able to withstand sweating and possibly even have the pads being washable. They don't need to be noise cancelling but at least do a good job of drowning out most sounds, have decent sound quality and be loud enough to still listen clearly while on a loud lawn mower. Not one of the super enhanced bass types that kill out all those beautiful mids and highs.

I am willing to spend a few dollars, just not Bose dollars. I originally purchased the Soul X-TRA, but found that they were too large even at its smallest setting so I need a pair of headphones that will fit a smaller noggin.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

You could cheat.. and use something like the sony SBH54 (https://www.sonymobile.com/gb/products/accessories/stereo-bluetooth-headset-sbh54/ ) and then plug whatever wired headphones you like into it.

(you may also be able to get a deal on the older sbh52/50 which would give you more to spend on the headphones themselves...)

That idea has crossed my mind before, but I really don't want anything at all to tether me down. And If I were to spend decent change on an even better pair of headphones in combination with the Bluetooth dongle, I wouldn't want to take them outside the house. That's why I was hoping there was something out there that would be more durable. They sure make a ton of sport earbuds, but when is comes to actual over the ear headphones the pickings are slim.

Reactions: psionandy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones