• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint "may" be throttling video streaming to 1mbps

IOWA

Mr. Logic Pants
Dec 2, 2009
Chicago
From footnote #2 on the new plan announcements.

Introducing Sprint One Up

2 The guarantee applies to customers as long as they remain on the Unlimited, My Way or My All-in plans, meet the terms and conditions of the plan and pay their bill in full and on time. Price and phone selection are subject to change. Other plans may receive prioritized bandwidth availability. Streaming video speeds may be limited to 1 Mbps.

All of the carriers have been doing this.. essentially if the site is impaired they reserve the right to throttle in some way so not to effect all users connected to that site.

Be glad they are not pulling what the other carriers are doing and reserving the right for completely throttling all data.

Very true.

No one likes getting throttled, but I would take just video being slowed down over everything flowing like molasses.

hahaha...
hahaha...
lol.....

sprint.. worried about others getting... GOOD data speeds.
other data slow downs....
blah blah blah....

sprint sucks data.. connections...voice...
sucks any way you slice it!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones