• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint phone from Craigslist is pre activated. Help

Ritzcrack

Lurker
Sep 13, 2014
Hi i bought a brand new iPhone 5c. When I turned it on it started activating and it connected to sprint service. I can't activate my account because some one els account is attached. I cant call the seller I guess he was a scammer. I get lte and I can make phone calls and text. The billing cycle started when I turned the phone. And it's 40 a month. That's the info I got from calling *2. I bought this for 200. Called sprint , they can't do anything about it. Should I use the call text and internet on this phone ?

Even though it was a scam, have you already tried contacting the seller?

Chances are they're not going to pay the monthly bill or report it stolen. The phone will only work for a couple months before it gets cut off - then it will be blackisted and unable to activate.

Craigslist - Meet your seller at the phone store and have them verify it's not stolen. Then have the phone transferred to your name, after that they can't report it stolen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones