• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help status icon: circle with "AF" inside?

coyote2

Jan 4, 2019
I can't figure out what the status icon= circle with "AF" inside means. (Actually the circle also has a little dash pointing away on the lower left side.)

(I'm a total android noob; why on earth can't one press-hold icons and discover their meaning? And is there a status icon editor where I can hide them?)

I can't figure out what the status icon= circle with "AF" inside means. (Actually the circle also has a little dash pointing away on the lower left side.)

(I'm a total android noob; why on earth can't one press-hold icons and discover their meaning? And is there a status icon editor where I can hide them?)
Never mind, that's (the dreaded) App Finder. (I discovered this by going into Memory Usage.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones