• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stitcher errors

xrae

Mar 17, 2011
(I posted this in another thread, but it's kind of buried. So ....)

I use Stitcher probably more than any other app. After an update a couple days ago, the program now tells me it needs 25+ MB free on either the ROM or SD card to run and auto-closes most of the time. I have freed up about 20MB on the ROM and can get it to work, but for some reason -- even though my preferences tell the app to use SD card -- it's not caching to SD card. Well, I was listening via Stitcher today and now only have less than 8MB free on the ROM and most other apps don't have room to work, and every five minutes I get the out of space text message error. I've rebooted a couple times thinking maybe there's some kind of temp file or cache that wasn't cleared out, but nothing. No other apps updated today.

Any ideas? Are there temp files that junk up the onboard storage like on a PC, and if so, how do I find them and clean them out?

You could contact the dev and ask if there is a link for the previous version as you're having problems with the new version. Or check the dev's website. I did a google search and found a few sites with links to 2.4.x none of the apk links were valid. But with a little determination I'm sure you could turn up more than I did.

Upvote 0
Clearing data clears out your preferences and saved passwords. Any saved user settings. Dolphin Browsers (others may as well too) has Bookmarks to SD which will save all book marks on your uSD. You may also want to look into XMarks.com it is a browser extension that saves your book marks to their server. You can then access them via the net on your account (They have a $12 a year server that you can sync them to your mobile device as well). It is free to use the bookmarks on the website.

This allows me to keep my bookmarks rather scant on my android, I just keep a few that I use a lot and the bookmark to my online bookmarks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones