• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stop phone telling me its charged?

glezga

Mar 20, 2012
this is really annoying, i hope someones figured it out!

i just bought a shiny new s6 edge and qi desktop dock/charger and one for my bedside.

i work from home and like my phone sat upright beside me but i can do without the "beep" im charged ever few seconds.

anyway this can be turned off so i can use phone as normal without turning off all notifications?

i use a alarm closck app when in bed, the phone still does it then too.

many thanks

I had a similar issue, but I used an 'old' Nokia Lumia wireless charging stand on my bedside table. I have 3 of these in various locations as I figured why waste them as I don't use the Lumia any more.

Anyway, on going to bed I'd place my S6 Edge on the pad, it'd flash that it was charging then at various points during the night it'd wake up my wife with the "charging" beeping. It wouldn't generally wake me (despite it being right next to me lol). Anyway I put it down to it must be receiving notifications, mails, etc but as it was in my "quiet period" it wasn't notifying me, but the parsing of the signal uses charge, hence it needs to top itself up. That's my theory anyway.

Now don't ask me why, but if I connect the phone just to a normal micro USB lead, I don't get the charging beeping through the night. Basically that's what I do now. Its annoying, but less so than a kick in the nuts from my wife.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones