• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stream video from phone to tablet

Grrrrrrrrr

Feb 3, 2016
Hey people,

I want to put a bunch of mp4's on my phone and be able to watch (not copy to) them on my tablet.

Why? Because my 64GB sdcard in my tablet is nearly full and the 32gb sdcard in my phone is nearly empty.

Both are formatted as internal so just swapping sdcards is not an option.

Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

PS Phone is Android 6.0, Tablet is Android 7.0

Upvote 0
There are various streaming apps in the Play Store, that apparently support things like AirPlay, DLNA over WiFi, etc. such as this... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.waxrain.airplayer Never tried it myself though. I do stream from my Oppo phone or Onda tablet to my JmGO P2 Android DLP projector, using Happy Cast(which is Chinese).
http://www.hpplay.com.cn/

I don't have any problems opening media files, or any other kind of file, on my mobile devices that are stored on Windows PC's on my home network.

Maybe I'm asking the wrong question. Perhaps I need to figure out how to "Share" files on my android devices with the rest of my home network first.

PS The top 4 reviews of the airplay app on the play store say "Doesn't work". The apps you suggest seem to only be intended to stream online content from one device to another. Why would someone want to do that? They want to receive the content over 4g then stream it over WiFi? You could just tether to accomplish that.

Upvote 0
Team Viewer app !

Thanks, you understand my question. That app looks promising but.... it doesn't work.

I installed the team viewer on my tablet, then install the Quick Setup on my phone (per the instructions on the team viewer app page)
On the phone I get an error saying the phone is compatible and to open a ticket but, I can't open a ticket unless I get the paid version.

Sounds fishy to me. "Our free product will work if you buy it"?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones