• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Struggling with a Samsung A51 (A-515F/DS) on Mint Mobile

Ashton2

Apr 29, 2012
I've been struggling to get this phone to IMS Register and to get the voLTE to operate on Mint Mobile.

This phone is spec'd to be US LTE Compatible. It has all of the necessary bands.

I must say, I have a $3/Mon T-Mobile SIM in this phone also and it doesn't have the problems that Mint has.
When making voice calls on Mint it switches to GPRS, UMTS or HSPA+. Never 4G LTE. I have also tested Mint on a Nokia 6(TA-1025) and it Registers, and voLTE has never failed, but it's only a Single SIM phone.

It's been a while since I used a dual sim phone, but I seem to remember that data usage was only available on one of the sims, which may be preventing the VoLTE from working on the LTE network. You can probably confirm this by toggling the data to the Mint sim instead of he other sim and see if that resolves the problem.

FWIW, I'm using Mint on a Samsung Galaxy S20 and it works fine on both LTE and 5G.

Upvote 0
Thanks Unforgiven,
I switched SIM locations and now the Mint is in position #1 and voLTE is working!
IMS is Registered too.
Thanks so much.
Glad to hear it was easy. That's usually the only things I can answer. :p If you poke around there should be a way to select which sim data is turned on in settings without physically swapping the sim locations.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Glad to hear it was easy. That's usually the only things I can answer. :p If you poke around there should be a way to select which sim data is turned on in settings without physically swapping the sim locations.

There may be a Primary SIM position I'll try to determine this. I had noticed the LTE flag was only next to the SIM 1 signal indicator all along. In the settings data can be switched off/on for each SIM. I also added an APN named 'T-Mobile IMS'. I noticed this APN was loaded automatically for my second SIM (T-Mobile). Thought it wouldn't hurt to test it since the Mint SIM was status 'Unregistered' since day one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones