• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stuck in Loop

Soapm

Jul 22, 2015
My daughters Samsung Tab A is stuck in a loop. It gets to where it ask for her google email and password, we put in the only one she's used on the tablet and it'll again ask her to enter one that's been used on this device. I went into the bootmanager and did a factory reset, but it still gets to this same point and begins to loop.

Anyway to do a true factory reset without getting past that screen? Perhaps it can be re flashed with the original image or is there an abd command that will get us past this loop?

Yes, I tried skipping but I get a message popping up saying I must use an account on the tablet. I wish I could skip it, that would be nice.
Oh well, worth a try. I suspect what you've run into is a security measure, to ensure that you and your daughter are the legitimate owners of the tablet. Try using the old password for her Google account (assuming she changes passwords to her accounts from time-to-time, and she should), and see if that works.

Upvote 0
My daughters Samsung Tab A is stuck in a loop. It gets to where it ask for her google email and password, we put in the only one she's used on the tablet and it'll again ask her to enter one that's been used on this device. I went into the bootmanager and did a factory reset, but it still gets to this same point and begins to loop.

Anyway to do a true factory reset without getting past that screen? Perhaps it can be re flashed with the original image or is there an abd command that will get us past this loop?
when you say it "begins to loop", do you mean that it keeps asking for the email and password? or does it do a bootloop? where it just goes from the samsung screen and tries to bootup, but then it goes back to the samsung logo?

have you tried a hard reset?

and was this tablet bought new? or did you buy it used?

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
It just keeps asking for the username password loop. I figured out the problem there, the tablet isn't listed as a device in the account she's using. Which brought us to another problem, google email addresses are disposable to her and she must have about 15 active on her phone right now. She can't even remember all the ones she's created and disposed of that might be on the tablet.

She won the tablet in a contest. It's been sitting, not being used for a while but now she wants to put games on it for her kids. I will try the hard reset.

Second thought, after reading the hard reset, that is how we've been resetting it. I was hoping we can flash on a new OS that would take it back to default but it sounding like a new tablet for the grand kids may make a good Christmas...

Reactions: ocnbrze and olbriar
It just keeps asking for the username password loop. I figured out the problem there, the tablet isn't listed as a device in the account she's using. Which brought us to another problem, google email addresses are disposable to her and she must have about 15 active on her phone right now. She can't even remember all the ones she's created and disposed of that might be on the tablet.

She won the tablet in a contest. It's been sitting, not being used for a while but now she wants to put games on it for her kids. I will try the hard reset.

Second thought, after reading the hard reset, that is how we've been resetting it. I was hoping we can flash on a new OS that would take it back to default but it sounding like a new tablet for the grand kids may make a good Christmas...
by doing a hard reset, you tripped google's FRP. it is designed to prevent thieves from stealing phones (or when a phone is lost and then found by some stranger) and then hard reset so that they can sign in to their own account and use the phone., this prevents that. when frp is tripped you need the original account info in order to sign in and use the phone. even if you flashed a firmware update, you will still need the original account info.

here read this:

Reactions: Soapm
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones