• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Switched to AT&T No 4G LTE and Other Issues

I just switched from Verizon to AT&T and ported my phone & number. Now I'm not getting 4G or LTE, I have a little icon that looks like "H" next to the bars. And my signal is 3G. Is this phone not compatible? The clerk in the store didn't know and I called support, they checked my APN settings and they were ok.

Also.... when I start the phone I get a notification that the SIM card is not a Verizon card. Can I get rid of that?

I just switched from Verizon to AT&T and ported my phone & number. Now I'm not getting 4G or LTE, I have a little icon that looks like "H" next to the bars. And my signal is 3G. Is this phone not compatible? The clerk in the store didn't know and I called support, they checked my APN settings and they were ok.

Also.... when I start the phone I get a notification that the SIM card is not a Verizon card. Can I get rid of that?
Verizon and AT&T use different frequency bands for LTE, and because your phone is a "Verizon" G4, it's possisble that your phone doesn't have a radio capable of TX/RX on the AT&T bands, which would be why you're not getting a 4G signal. The 'H' indicates a 3G AT&T signal.

Upvote 0
By digging into my AT&T phone, it says the number programmed for voicemail is 1-410-693-4248. I suspect that this varies depending on region.

I also find that if I dial my own phone number, that it connects to my voicemail. So try dialing yourself, and see if it prompts you for your password.

A quick google search says that you should be able to change the programmed voicemail number by doing this:
http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-158928/

Honestly, I'd be strongly considering getting a different phone, if you're planning to stick with AT&T, one that can access the LTE network.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones