• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T-Mobile introduces new unlimited postpaid plan called T-Mobile ONE

kate

Dreaming of Bugdroid.
Aug 14, 2013
tingmobile.com
"Customers will get unlimited talk, text, and data, and it costs $70 for one line, $50 for the next line, and $20 for each line after that. A family of four could get on the train for $160 per month."

Of course there's a few catches:
  • If you want to use mobile hotspot, you’ll still be limited to 2G speeds unless you pay $15 per month.
  • Wearables, which can be added for $5 per month, are limited to 2G.
  • Unlimited video is only included at 480p, but an extra $25 per month lets you view at resolutions up to 4K.
  • The top 3% of data users will be throttled once they cross a threshold of 26GB, but only if the network demands throttling.

Source:
http://phandroid.com/2016/08/18/t-mobile-one-unlimited-data/
More:
https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/rip-data-plans.htm

There's those of us who don't use Binge On. I prefer music I've ripped as my truck uses a USB. I do have data. I do a lot of walking and while I have a couple of versions of the most popular guides, I can't see to find one on reptiles and amphibians or insects. I want to know what the hell bit me on a walk - therefore data so I can search.

I can't turn on Bluetooth. The Vulcan's car wants to give priority to my phone if I have it on. I don't want to connect to the car, he's the main user, so his phone should be ascendant whatever Android thinks. I just turn the damn bluetooth and nfc off..

Also do a tad of comparative shopping. So just leave our 2 or 6G alone.

There are already articles about how to cheat on the videos by getting more than 420 or whatever it is. I've removed YouTube from the phone so I have no idea.

Upvote 0
How do they plan on enforcing the hotspot speeds and video resolution limit? Couldn't you just use a VPN to bypass their restrictions?
You could, but VPNs that are capable of streaming HD or 4K content likely cost money. Free VPNs tend to be throttled or congested. The only problem with VPNs is some streaming sites block VPNs.
The hotspot policy was changed though, it's now unlimited 3g, not 2g, and the $15 was changed to be included in the $25 addon for HD video, and now includes unlimited HD video AND unlimited LTE hotspot. If you still want to bypass it, a VPN should work, but on a free VPN, speeds are likely not going to be much faster than 3g speeds, and if they are, they'll still vary. Apps like PDAnet generally work too, but those free tether apps have limitations.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Correction: T-Mobile updated the plan a couple weeks ago, so now the hotspot is 3G (0.5mbps, not 0.1), It's now a decent plan. The old plan was $95, and it came with unlimited data in north america, 128kbps worldwide data speeds, and 14GB of lte hotspot. The new $95 plan comes with 256kbps worldwide data speeds, and unlimited lte hotspot, and if you don't need that, now you have a more affordable option with less features.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones