• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T-Mobile's Most Annoying Habit

persistentone

Sep 4, 2013
T-Mobile's 5G network is phenomenal at my location. The middle bandwidth 5G connection in my area is giving about 800 Mbps of download speed. In my short time on T-Mobile, what is annoying me highly is their technical support. What I am noticing is that:

1) They do not train their level 1 reps, who actually know NOTHING about the details of Android or T-Mobile app.

2) They waste my time extensively, as the untrained rep puts me on hold to talk to level 2. They rarely understand a problem when they come back from that consult.

3) The very worst part is that at the end of every unsuccessful call, the rep tries to "persuade" you to agree with his statement that "I provided you excellent customer service, wouldn't you agree?" Why are they doing this? It's clear that T-Mobile support's management fails to train their employees, and instead, they rely on slick psychological manipulation to improve their ratings. After giving you lousy service, they then bludgeon you with requests for feedback.

I do not want to criticize the rep, because T-Mobile will fire that individual as complaints accumulate. The problem is not the rep. The problem is T-Mobile's support itself, and its failure to train employees, and its failure to give customers an easy way to transition over to level 2 support.

Last edited:
I never use the telephone reps. I have had better luck in DM's of Twitter. They are helpful there and I can do it while working with no interruptions I answer at my own pace and am not hurried. They will take some time to answer back but I like it better if its an issue that does not require immediate assistance (which is usually the case with mine)

Reactions: svim and mikedt
Upvote 0
T-Mobile's 5G network is phenomenal at my location. The middle bandwidth 5G connection in my area is giving about 800 Mbps of download speed. In my short time on T-Mobile, what is annoying me highly is their technical support. What I am noticing is that:

1) They do not train their level 1 reps, who actually know NOTHING about the details of Android or T-Mobile app.

2) They waste my time extensively, as the untrained rep puts me on hold to talk to level 2. They rarely understand a problem when they come back from that consult.

3) The very worst part is that at the end of every unsuccessful call, the rep tries to "persuade" you to agree with his statement that "I provided you excellent customer service, wouldn't you agree?" Why are they doing this? It's clear that T-Mobile support's management fails to train their employees, and instead, they rely on slick psychological manipulation to improve their ratings.

4) After giving you lousy service, they then bludgeon you with requests for feedback.

I do not want to criticize the rep, because T-Mobile will fire that individual as complaints accumulate. The problem is not the rep. The problem is T-Mobile's support itself, and its failure to train employees, and its failure to give customers an easy way to transition over to level 2 support.

They're probably in India, or Pakistan, or something, and very likely just following a script.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones