• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Taking a leave of absence

argedion

The TechnoFrog
Jun 20, 2011
The Infernal Swamp
I came here like most others looking for some help with my device. I got such a great reception I stayed. I have been a member of staff and have really really enjoyed helping people with their issues. I have enjoyed working side by side some of the most brilliant minds in the world ;)

Many of you who know me know that a couple of years ago my life crashed and burned before my eyes. I have had a very hard time dealing with that as many of you know. I felt so at home here I allowed it to spill into the forums here as well. Just recently I suffered another devastating blow and it cost me my best friend.

I had a thread recently deleted that discussed some of that situation but after someone pretty much told me to go elsewhere I decided they were right this was not the place. Do to the fact that I am in such an emotional state right now I think its best I take a leave of absence for awhile. I feel that my behavior may have worn out my welcome.

I bid you all the very best. I hope you all have a very blessed life. I will miss being here as this has been a home away from home for me.

until we meet again

frog

Reactions: Member243850
I'm really sorry that you let one person feel that you have 'worn out your welcome'. I know that you have a lot of people here that truly care about you and that's really important. Everyone, no matter the situation, needs to know people care. We care.

I hope everything works out for you and want nothing but the best for you, I'd like to know you are doing OK so hope you will continue to update us.

Upvote 0
Maybe I missed something, but I've never witnessed you being guilty of bad behavior in any way. Makes me wonder if someone suggested you should go elsewhere, maybe they have the problem, or at least should give your situation more consideration.

Life has a habit of kicking your ass now and then. Reality checks, to make sure you're paying attention. My butt certainly has been black and blue the last few years. But every day is a new day, a chance to kick back. I'm still kickin'. You keep kickin' too.

Catch ya down the road...

Upvote 0
I came here like most others looking for some help with my device. I got such a great reception I stayed. I have been a member of staff and have really really enjoyed helping people with their issues. I have enjoyed working side by side some of the most brilliant minds in the world ;)

Many of you who know me know that a couple of years ago my life crashed and burned before my eyes. I have had a very hard time dealing with that as many of you know. I felt so at home here I allowed it to spill into the forums here as well. Just recently I suffered another devastating blow and it cost me my best friend.

I had a thread recently deleted that discussed some of that situation but after someone pretty much told me to go elsewhere I decided they were right this was not the place. Do to the fact that I am in such an emotional state right now I think its best I take a leave of absence for awhile. I feel that my behavior may have worn out my welcome.

I bid you all the very best. I hope you all have a very blessed life. I will miss being here as this has been a home away from home for me.

until we meet again

frog

Let me give you hand!

1415295005-inspiring-quotes-help-through-work-day-hansen.jpg

Although it is a great idea to be patient for sometimes something may not be what it really seems to be because words can be misleading or just false and people can be cowardly at times or maybe not even thinking that clearly ;)

An important thing to remember is that words are just words... they are not actions... actions are by far more meaningful... they show true character not what just someone says on a forum on the other side of the planet...

To give this a bit of a humorous spin to it - what someone says could just be a total load of horse sh1t. :D

optimism_quote.jpg

Upvote 0
Arg,

I've got no words of comfort for you, because I've been right where you are and none will serve to ease your suffering right now. :( Love happens. It's the most incredible high and the deepest, most torturous low. You will have to come to grips with your own heart.

God Bless you, man.

Upvote 0
I love the wonderful support you are getting right here man!!!!

:D

Feel the love and happy support focus on the love and warmth from everyone here!!!

The mind is an extremely powerful tool... and interestingly enough... your mind has gone a bit... "off track" ;)

Don't worry. Let's get it back on track then!

Most probably one of my favourite sayings or quotes of all time was actually from a Magic The Gathering card... I cannot remember which card but it is the quote that is literally priceless and just soooo true as to what it says...

"Don't let your mind wonder too far... it might not come back."

... I have come so close to death... I put a gun and almost pulled the trigger... inches away from taking my own life... I cannot say how close I was to the edge...

Scary thought all of that now and I am scared of death these days interestingly enough... now relax and think about something nice...

Do this for just a little bit with me it will only take up a short while or 2 of your time and you will seriously need to do this every now and then when everything is in disorder like it is now ... get a nice quite place where nobody will bother you... turn off your phone - disconnect from everything and everyone.... just for a bit...

disconnect... to reconnect...

....take a huuuuuuge sloooow and loooong deeeeep breath.... the trick is to relax and slow deep breathing and focus on something that makes you happy... it doesn't matter what it is... just focus on it and smile and smile and smile... then slowly breath in and out... relax and little smile here and there...

Do this for about 10 minutes...

Meditation is very important in life... it can save you from madness... literally...

http://life.gaiam.com/article/meditation-101-techniques-benefits-beginner-s-how

I love you frog man.

Please take it easy my friend

And God Bless you

Be_kind_for_everyone_you_meet_is_fighting_a_hard_battle.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones