• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Can anyone help me? I'm wondering why my default browser is speaking to me.

Also, has anyone gotten floating notifications to work on the note 3?

ummmmmm maybe you had one to many drinks;) what does it say?.....lol:p:D

not sure as mine do not.....maybe go into settings and manage apps and clear cache and data....and maybe even defaults and see if that helps.

and as for the app, do you mean this?Floating Notifications (Trial)

never tried it but i can download it on my note 3 so my guess is that it works.

Upvote 0
ummmmmm maybe you had one to many drinks;) what does it say?.....lol:p:D

not sure as mine do not.....maybe go into settings and manage apps and clear cache and data....and maybe even defaults and see if that helps.

and as for the app, do you mean this?Floating Notifications (Trial)

never tried it but i can download it on my note 3 so my guess is that it works.

Yes I have it in my phone and always have for my n2, but it won't work on my 3. It didn't allow me to set any options for it. It says I need to select it as a notification reader, so I do, but then it doesn't let me go any further.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem last night. After looking at all the different settings under accessibility like talkback what worked for me was turning off an app called dynamic notifications. Try turning off all your services under the accessibility menu and see if that works. I hope you get it figured out, let us know if you do and how.

Upvote 0
No. It's driving me crazy.
Also, I have a phandroid notification that I can't get rid of either.

Someone here helped me w/the PHANDROID notification problem a while back.I didn't get it at first,but,once I slowed down & actually read what they said verbatim,I figured out what they were getting at. :eek: :D

The fix is easy,but,will have to be re-applied on every reboot:

Re-Boot your device & then go to SETTINGS > click on GENERAL in the upper R/H Corner > scroll down to APPLICATION MANAGER

Scroll down to PHANDROID. Even if you don't have the SHOW NOTIFICATIONS box checked,go ahead & check it & then uncheck it & the notification icon should disappear.

As for that annoying-as-hell talking browser,I have it as well (stock browser).I've even went as far as disabling TALKBACK to no avail,so,I'm forced to use another browser.Good thing CHROME has improved A LOT in the past year or so,or I'd consider getting another phone altogether.
I've tried many browsers & the only thing I've grown to like is the OEM's browsers & CHROME.
Would love to have the HTC ONE browser on this phone,best I've used by a country mile..........................

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones