• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tapatalk has been re-enabled

A few of the people that I talked to said that the app is a huge battery hog with their G. Nexus. I've stayed away from the app for almost half a year because of various issues :/

I think that's a complaint across a number of devices. It doesn't play nicely with my CPU or battery and I've seen a wad of folk say the same thing.

Upvote 0
you can get it free from getjar.com

Thanks, I had never tried because it was a paid app, got out now, loving it!!! After seeing the dialog box pop up well over 1000 times over a year... Thus forum is tapatalk...
I really like it a lot.

Few questions:

How do you set favorite forums within a forum?

Like when I select Android forums to have like Droid incredible 2 forum saved as favorites,.so I don't have to go thru the list and find it every time...can't seem to make it work

Do you have to disable your sig/ leave it blank for it to show the customized TT sig?
I customized one & it not showing up when i post from it...
Why was TT disabled on here in the first place?
Thanks! ;)

Upvote 0
Yeah, the long press is the first thing I tried naturally. When I do that I just get: subscribe, mark forum as read, create shortcut.
Pressing the heart for favorites always shows, no forum added as favorites... The topics under favorites shows some threads but, I don't know if out is only showing the ones I am subscribed to, or what...

I am posting using the app, and have the TT sig enabled as custom but it never had shown,I just looked... ? Maybe the 3g compatible mode has something to do with all this

Yeah, see if you can find the thread/post about the TT thing, I would like to check it out.

So here on the forum we have the ability to favourite and subscribe to sections (which are slightly different things), as well as to subscribe to threads.

To make it confusing, tapatalk will show you those subscribed sections and threads under favourites, and does not support our favourite sections feature.

So yeah, long story short, subscribe is the option you want to use to take advantage of the favourites tab in tapatalk.

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
Reactions: blackepoxy
Upvote 0
Updated Tapatalk to newly released version. Change log includes:

1. add YT tag support
2. add nested quote support
3. fix plugin placed as soft link can not work issue
4. fix some encoding issue
5. fix user ban status issue in thread view
6. fix image upload issue when max upload number was set as unlimited(0)
7. fix image display issue
8. fix total topic number issue related to deleted topics
9. fix LIST tag format issue
10. fix user avatar display issue in search
11. fix tag parsing issue
12. fix tapatalk detect alert js issue
13. Fixed the verification and forum connection problem for some forums in v3.3.2 plugin for vb37/38 and v3.9.3 plugin for vb4.*

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones