• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tapatalk is being discontinued

After reading the OP I can understand why AF is moving away from Tapatalk, but I still cannot stomach the new app. It partly has to do with the theme, but the thing that really grinds my gears is that I'm quarantined inside the section for the device I'm using with no ability to look at the other device forums I frequent.

It seems like AF is abandoning power users, root enthusiasts, and ROM developers in order to cater to people who don't know the difference between quick settings or developer options and think a kernel is just a piece of corn.
Maybe I spoke too soon. It appears that I can access different device forums using the app. It is just a clunky unintuitive process, and the app(and now the website as well) are just plain fugly.

Also, it was nice having the root related threads separated from the rest. Unless I'm missing something, they appear to all be jumbled in together now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
After reading the OP I can understand why AF is moving away from Tapatalk, but I still cannot stomach the new app. It partly has to do with the theme, but the thing that really grinds my gears is that I'm quarantined inside the section for the device I'm using with no ability to look at the other device forums I frequent.

It seems like AF is abandoning power users, root enthusiasts, and ROM developers in order to cater to people who don't know the difference between quick settings or developer options and think a kernel is just a piece of corn.
Maybe I spoke too soon. It appears that I can access different device forums using the app. It is just a clunky unintuitive process, and the app(and now the website as well) are just plain fugly.

Also, it was nice having the root related threads separated from the rest. Unless I'm missing something, they appear to all be jumbled in together now.

On the "forums" tab you should be able to click the plus sign, bottom right, and add a whole slew of forums/channels - including other devices. Are you not able to? If you are having trouble with it - or have feedback like this still, btw, post it here:

https://androidforums.com/threads/forums-for-android™.1129393/

That's the official thread for it. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones