• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TBT Basketball

olbriar

Jun 19, 2010
Land of Oz
For those not familiar with TBT (The Basketball Tournament) I grabbed this from the net:
The Basketball Tournament is an open-application, single-elimination tournament played each summer in the United States. The 2022 edition featured 64 teams with a $1 million winner-take-all prize, broadcast by ESPN. TBT was founded in 2014 by Jonathan Mugar. Wikipedia

The teams are mostly comprised of past college basketball players and their team names are usually spin offs of the college where they played. My local U's basketball team is called the Shockers. The team playing in the TBT is called the Aftershocks. They won their corner of the bracket today which puts them in the elite eight round. It is the round they have made in the past but have always lost that game. It's pretty much backstreet basketball but it is fun to watch past players on the court again. Their next game will only be aired on espn+ I believe. It's somewhere that I'm not willing to pay to watch.

Reactions: ocnbrze
They end the game with the elam rule (sorry about not capping the guys name) In the fourth period, after the first stoppage of the game at or after four minutes remaining, a target score is set. The target is 8 points more than the leading team's score. The first team to reach that score wins. The game clock is off. It's a bit weird.
A million bucks to the winning team is interesting too. :)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones