• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tea Anyone?

Tell me what you think of Matcha, it has the highest concentration of anti oxidant.

Ok, so I finally got a chance to try a bit of matcha! The Whole Foods in Austin TX carries it so I bought 1/2oz of green matcha. My review of it is: I like it! It smells a bit like grass clippings but does not taste like grass. The taste is not as powerful as I had thought it would be. Has the green tea flavor, but it's a bit "fuller" in flavor if that makes any sense.

I'll be buying more. Perty good stuff right there.

Reactions: Roze
Upvote 0
Ok, so I finally got a chance to try a bit of matcha! The Whole Foods in Austin TX carries it so I bought 1/2oz of green matcha. My review of it is: I like it! It smells a bit like grass clippings but does not taste like grass. The taste is not as powerful as I had thought it would be. Has the green tea flavor, but it's a bit "fuller" in flavor if that makes any sense.

I'll be buying more. Perty good stuff right there.

Good to hear that you are enjoying it :) Question...now how in the world do you know what grass taste like? :p

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
If you havent tasted grass.. you had no childhood :p

haha, maybe I am trying to suppress any such memory ;)

So, I signed up to Teaopia's mailing list and got a coupon for buy 50g and get 50g free!!! So I took the opportunity to buy 50g of my favourite tea, Silver Needle (I believe I posted on this already). There was another expensive white tea I wanted to try called White Pearls. The tea leaves are hand rolled into little balls. I talked to the saleslady and was given the impression that the tea tastes similar to Silver Needle. OMG...it's the most disgusting tea I've ever tasted!!! I had the tea seeped for 3 minutes but found that there was NO flavour. Then I let it seeped for another minute but again, no flavour. So I let it seeped for another minute and the tea became TOO strong but there was NO flavour!!! :mad: I have much regret about my purchase of White Pearls :( I am just happy that I got it for 'free' because I would be pissed off if I had spent the $22 for it :/

The description for the tea makes it sound so nice. Be warn about this tea!
WHITE PEARLS

Teaopia`s White Pearls are grown in the Fujian province in China and are protected from too much sun or rain from the beautiful mountain `Tai Mu Shan`. To make this incredible tea, the most desirable part of the tea leaf, the tender bud and first two leaves are lovingly hand rolled into tea pearls. The tea has a wonderfully delicate and tender flavour that all tea lovers are sure to appreciate.

1243-DEFAULT-m.jpg

It was pretty to see the tea pearls unfurled, lol.

Upvote 0
I just bought my first two sample packs of loose tea. There is a tea company called Tealightful and I figured $5 for a little packet that contains 5 cups wasn't too bad, especially since it included the bags. I actually bought two.
Warming Walnut Green
[Hide]
a6f80f67-818d-dde8.jpg
[/Hide]
and Chocolate Orange Rooibos
[Hide]
a6f80f67-81f4-47d1.jpg
[/Hide]

The walnut is the one I'm trying right now and its delicious. Very smooth.

Upvote 0
Thought I'd resurrect this thread for those who missed it last year. :)
Picked up some tea today at Target. Found pouring just hot water through our Keirug to make it super convenient to make some good tea. (okay, microwaving water isn't that hard, but still :p)
Normally drink pretty normal black or green teas, but this one looked interesting:
12954475.jpg

Don't think I've ever had white tea, but I like this one. The flavors are really subtle, and the white tea background is almost a bland green tea. It's interesting and for those who don't like the "strong" flavor of black tea but want something sorta fruity and flavorful, check it out. :D

Upvote 0
I have been drinking tea since I was a kid. Not until a few years ago did I try loose leaf tea. I bought the tea from a Teavana in a mall along with a 16oz tea maker. I found the tea kinda odd looking being used to Lipton bags etc. After tasting the tea I ordered more online from there website. As far a store bought tea bags go I enjoy Lipton and Tazo.

Upvote 0
I'm a real tea belly!!! I drink less at the moment than i used to cos I work in a nursery and obviously not allowed to have hot drinks during the day, but in the past I used to drink a lot of tea and when I cut down I got bad headaches. My favourite is TYPHOO. First thing in a morning or if I am stressed I have a "double bagger" which is not some kind of sexual thing as people suggest its 2 TYPHOO tea bags in one cup!!
At Christmas I had a really bad stomach infection and drank a lot of peppermint tea which actually I got quite a taste for, and also I've tried the green tea but mainly I like the smell of green tea in oil burners.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones