• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tethering shows usage but I've never used it

I have an S6 and just updated it to MM, rooted it, etc. Before the billing cycle reset, the T-Mobile app showed an amount of my allotment for tethering was used. Only problem is, I've never enabled tethering on my phone.

Anyone else have this happen? It's not really a huge concern and the amount shown was less than 10MB, but I'm curious to find out why this happened.

Did you plug the phone into a PC or laptop? My guess is it installed the modem driver in case you wanted to enable tethering and that sorta kinda rang the tethering bell with T-Mobile. As long as it doesn't affect your bill, I wouldn't worry but you might want to drop them a line in case it's an account error on their end.

Reactions: Dngrsone and Mayhem
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones