• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thanks for the forum!

The Verizon plans aren't that confusing fundamentally, but the devil is in the details...
For that matter, every carrier gets confusing, and will try to squeeze every possible dollar from the customer.

With Verizon, you have the Basic, Select, Connect, and Premium.
Basic is alloted voice minutes.
Select is alloted voice minutes and unlimited SMS, MMS
Connect is alloted voice minutes, unlimited SMS, MMS and unlimited data
Premium is everything else (like Verizon Navigator, and all of its apps)

All of the carriers are similar in price structure with regard to features.

However, Verizon has one advantage is that it has corporate discounts on monthly charges, as well as devices and accessories. So, for example, if you work at Target, you automatically get like 12% off your bill every month. I get 17% off of my monthly bill. I don't think any other US carriers have that discount structure.

Upvote 0
The Verizon plans aren't that confusing fundamentally, but the devil is in the details...
For that matter, every carrier gets confusing, and will try to squeeze every possible dollar from the customer.

All of the carriers are similar in price structure with regard to features.

However, Verizon has one advantage is that it has corporate discounts on monthly charges, as well as devices and accessories. So, for example, if you work at Target, you automatically get like 12% off your bill every month. I get 17% off of my monthly bill. I don't think any other US carriers have that discount structure.

sprint has that discount structure...

25% off for working at home depot

10% for just having an @aol email account (theyre free to setup!)

how much is verizons unlimited everything plan? they confuse me too :(

Upvote 0

Something to remember is that smartphones can not be on the Connect or Premium plans. They can only be on Basic or Select and require an additional data feature of at least $30/month.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones