• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The 2018 Pyeonchang Olympics

rootabaga

Android Expert
Aug 11, 2014
Crazyville, CA
I thought it might be useful to have a thread where we can share any posts related to the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeonchang, South Korea.

I liked this bit about Shaun White, who tallied a perfect score in competition recently, securing his place on the US Olympic snowboard team. Perfect...hmm, I hope he didn't peak too soon! :D :D

https://www.today.com/video/snowboa...lot-with-perfect-halfpipe-score-1137282115659

i know it takes a lot of skill, talent, and hard work to get where these competitors are now. I also know i dont know anything about these sports. I have never been on skis... only really bad wobbly ice skates at the mall.

but as i watch some of these winter sports...
especially the ski jump competitions... or down hill races...and similar...

where wind strength and direction ... timing...
plays a huge variable in the outcome.
when the difference between 3 medals are inches or split seconds.

Of course .. all of them that make it this far are winners and top of the top in their league.. biggly!
in my estimation....top 3 depend on the whim of the wind ... and lady luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones