• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Guides Usergroup finally has a dedicated team leader!

Phases

NO LONGER ADMIN
Sep 9, 2008
Nashville, TN
The time has come for the Guides Usergroup to have a more dedicated lead. A "Team Leader", if you will. :)

Up until now the usergroup ran based on posted guidelines with the help of the entire mod group to help steer them in the right direction and answer any questions.

As the site grows so does the usergroup and it's purpose. We've operated pretty well so far, but now it's time to give the team a first point of contact and clear team leader to manage daily operations and the various projects that come around.

I can't think of anyone better equipped to take this role, not to mention help build it from the ground up and set the standards, than one of (if not the) best guides we've seen here on AF - Frisco.

So, congratulations to Frisco! He's kindly agreed to take this role on and see what he can do with it. Naturally I want to thank him for all the work he put into the community as a moderator. AF is what it is thanks to dedicated team members who are willing to shift focus as the site needs, and he's sure done a great job of that!

Speaking of - we are not terribly far away from our next round of Guides. I have a list of several people who have been recommended or who have requested a shot at it. We may make an announcement inviting more PMs from those who might be interested, or may not - but if you want to be considered be sure to let me or Frisco know!

All bow to the all mighty Frisco!!

No, really...BOW!

I mean it...BOW now!!!

OK, that little bit of insubordination's been noted and Frisco will deal with YOU later!

:D

What's a bow without the wow?

bow_wow.jpg
;)

Reactions: Rico ANDROID
Upvote 0
Congratulations, Frisco! I have a question though. I just noticed that my Guide status was removed. I visit Android Forums several times a day and help out a lot by moving and reporting posts especially in the Sprint HTC Hero subforum as well as this past summer with helping with the prefixes in eight subforums.

I am just curious as to why my Guide status was removed? I take pride in helping here at Android Forums, so if I did something wrong, please let me know. I hope that maybe it was a mistake or misunderstanding. Thanks in advance for any clarification!

Hey, got your PM and forwarded it to Frisco - he should be hitting you up soon. :)

Upvote 0
Congrats Frisco.

Now that you are gone as a mod, who the hell is going to get me my coffee. :p :D

TS

I guess I should apologize for not coming over to your recliner where you read your Aquaman comic books, reaching down and grabbing you by the nap of the neck, standing you up and walking you over to the kitchen and teaching you how to make your own coffee!!!

:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones