• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

the Last of US TV show (all things TLOU)

ocnbrze

DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
  • May 13, 2010
    Los Angeles
    ok so looks like HBO has another winner on their hands. the Last of US is just 2 episodes in and i must say that i am completely enjoying it.

have any of you played the game yet? i loved the first two episodes that i just bought the game and i just started playing the game.

i think this is the best adaption from game to film.

has anybody else watched the first two episodes and also played the game? what are your thoughts so far?

I really could not get into the video game either, I tried it once as a demo several years ago, and just could not get into it, the last open world game like that I have rage quit like that was, Beyond Two souls, something about the camera angel kept annoying me.
    well i am playing the game now and it is really good. they remastered it so things are slightly different from the original.

ok i'll be back guys, now that football is over and it is sunday, i'm gonna watch episode 3 now.......:brbdroid::brbdroid::brbdroid:

Upvote 0
    Is it another zombie filled, Walking Dead type thing?
    kind of. they are not zombies per se....more zombie like than zombies.

the overall premise is that the infection is spread via a fungus. it was spread via grains from rice and flour.

here is the opening scene that gives you an idea:

and it even refers to a real fungus that infect ants:

its truly an original and genius take on "zombies"

Upvote 0
    One of the best games I've ever played. Not really so much the gameplay itself but just for the story, the human side of it, the small details, how they brought the unthinkable to life in a realistic way. I think it got 8.5 / 10 or higher from basically every reputable game review site out there, and with very good reason. Really can't recommend it enough, even if you're someone who only casually enjoys video games.

Loving the TV show so far. Only complaint is that I wish they had more than 9 episodes to use to cover the first game

Reactions: ocnbrze
    Upvote 0
    One of the best games I've ever played. Not really so much the gameplay itself but just for the story, the human side of it, the small details, how they brought the unthinkable to life in a realistic way. I think it got 8.5 / 10 or higher from basically every reputable game review site out there, and with very good reason. Really can't recommend it enough, even if you're someone who only casually enjoys video games.

Loving the TV show so far. Only complaint is that I wish they had more than 9 episodes to use to cover the first game
    yep just started playing the game after watching the first episode. not sure why i never played it when it came out originally. playing it now and it is very good. i think i was into Dead Space games then. and was just horror gamed out back then.....lol

Reactions: Dannydet
    Upvote 0
    episode 7 was really good. i dig the flash back and how the ending of the flashback played a role in real time of the episode. it is definitely a well written show. i have yet to find an episode that was bad.

anybody have a favorite episode so far? most people will say episode 3, but for me episode 7 was just great. it could not have been written any better.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    WOW episode 8 was so good!!!!

is it me or are these episodes just keep getting better and better?

who saw the pastor as a canibalistic pedophile? i got creepy vibes for sure from the beginning. and i new the that there was something evil about him.
    Well those of us who have played the game knew about the cannibal part. The pedo part was a slight possibility in the game but was definitely played up more in the show.

Sad that we only have 1 episode left. I'm super interested to see what they'll do with Ellie's backstory, which is something that the game never addressed

Upvote 0
    Well those of us who have played the game knew about the cannibal part. The pedo part was a slight possibility in the game but was definitely played up more in the show.

Sad that we only have 1 episode left. I'm super interested to see what they'll do with Ellie's backstory, which is something that the game never addressed
    there was a dlc about ellie and riley which was depicted in the mall scene in episode 7. so we got to know how she was bitten and who she first killed. we got to see her at school. are you talking about the story of how she grew up? about her parents?

Upvote 0
    i just saw that TLOU part 1 will be made available on the pc via steam. hopefully i can play it on my steam deck.......that would be awesome!!!!!!
    Yep, releasing for PC at the end of this month. It's been in development for a long time, seeing as it came out for PS5 last fall.

Regarding the show, I hate that the finale is going to be the shortest episode of them all - less than 45 minutes :'(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones