• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The new global enemy

They don't. The purpose of a mask is to try stop you from spraying your oral and nasal fluids over other people. And I'm sure that's why they're still mandatory on public transport in this country, like crowded buses and subway trains. Taking a bus, subway, or taxi is now the only times I have to wear a mask. And if one of our students, teachers, or other staff has a cold or cough, they're strongly encouraged to wear a mask on campus.

IANAD but I'm sure that's why surgeons have always worn masks in operating theatres.

Hopefully we'll soon be over this, because I and everyone else I know has been vaccinated, and I have a cert to prove it. :)

That absolutely is NOT why surgeons wear masks during operations.

The masks are mearly to keep gross things (that we are all full of all the time) from squirting or splattering onto/into the doctor's and nurse's nose and mouth.

The masks do not prevent viral tranission at all.

Upvote 0

The masks are mearly to keep gross things (that we are all full of all the time) from squirting or splattering onto/into the doctor's and nurse's nose and mouth.

The masks do not prevent viral tranission at all.

And the masks where I am are to stop you from squirting and splattering your snot and spittle onto others who maybe in very close proximity. Your nasty nasal and oral fluids which may contain and transmit virii, and other nasties, that you should keep to yourself. :)

Mask have never been politicised here unlike the US. If you have to wear a mask to get on a bus, then you wear it, end of.

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0

All the doctors and nurses in my family would beg to differ! :D

Upvote 0
And the masks where I am are to stop you from squirting and splattering your snot and spittle onto others who maybe in very close proximity. Your nasty nasal and oral fluids which may contain and transmit virii, and other nasties, that you should keep to yourself. :)

Mask have never been politicised here unlike the US. If you have to wear a mask to get on a bus, then you wear it, end of.

Would you say the same thing if you were being forced to wear a yellow star?

Reactions: PitCarver
Upvote 0
Not if they were telling the truth to you and us they wouldn't.
Well, they told me this five+ DECADES ago, in my uncle's case, and in all cases long before anyone heard of COVID-19. My pre-med professors told me the same thing. That was in the 1980s. Why do you think *all* medical professionals are now suddenly lying about why they've worn masks for a century? :thinking:

Perhaps at some point in time the doctors and nurses will have time off from their hectic TIK-TOK video making schedules to enlighten us all about what has really been going on.
None of my relatives uses TikTok, nor do they waste their time making silly videos. They just spend their days saving lives, which is what they spent years in school learning how to do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones