• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Secret

Bearsyzf

Android Expert
Jul 23, 2010
San Diego, Ca
One of my Favorite shows is Expedition Unknown, i saw a good one last night about a guy Byron Preiss who started a big treasure hunt where he buried 12 treasure boxes in parks around America about 40 years or so ago and only 2 of them have ever been found.......... i'm ordering the book off Amazon. I love treasure hunts and this seems like one of the biggest ones, the show is hosted by Josh Gates.... I was curious if anyone else has heard about this ?

Attachments

• 71EZif9ZLML.jpg
    71EZif9ZLML.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 267
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I saw a program on this a few years ago. 12 boxes buried in 12 different parks across the United States, only two boxes have been found
So ten boxes remain.
So according to Google and Wikipedia the 12 boxes were allegedly hurried in 12 different parks across America.
1 box was found in Chicago
The second Cleveland.
There are probably hundred if not thousands of parks these things can be at.
With time and research you can eliminate a number parks. Cities keep records on parks when they open or where built
A person could probably eliminate a great number of parks that came along after 1982.
My theory is Bryon Pressis buried the boxes in parks within.driving distance of his home.
While I think some of the boxes might still be recovered, I think others never will be.
Simply because .parks come and go, construction of new building and playground equipment, tennis and basketball courts, skate parks

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones