• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

This site leaked my personal information

Hi @23F5Loar,
Give this a read as I think you fall into this breach. The only one I'm aware of in the last 10 years.

Since that time we have changed forum platforms twice I think, but the "dark web" monitors still pop up from time to time. My email address is still flagged as "being on the dark web," though I don't know if it was from a breach here, or at at any of the 100 other companies that have my email address that have been breached over the years.

Last edited:
Hi @23F5Loar,
Give this a read as I think you fall into this breach. The only one I'm aware of in the last 10 years.

Since that time we have changed forum platforms twice I think, but the "dark web" monitors still pop up from time to time. My email address is still flagged as "being on the dark web," though I don't know if it was from a breach here, or at at any of the 100 other companies that have my email address that have been breached over the years.
That just leeds to an error page:

2024-01-30 17.58.48 forum.earlybird.club a599f46b143b.jpg

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

Upvote 0
An email leak is one thing. Sad, but true i got everything hacked by a 2013 breach at Target, followed by a Home Depot breach in 2014. I was notified by my bank of the hack and told me my credit card was cancelled and a new one is being sent out. I still get idiots that can't spell sending me email, labelled HOne Depee pass do.

Last edited:
Thank you for working links. :)

Upvote 0
An email leak is one thing. Sad, but true i got everything hacked by a 2013 breach at Target, followed by a Home Depot breach in 2014. I was notified by my bank of the hack and told me my credit card was cancelled and a new one is being sent out. I still get idiots that can't spell sending me email, labelled HOne Depee pass do.

Yup, I got a years free monitoring from the Home Depot leak.

I have had another year of free monitoring from another vendor but can not remember who it was now.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones