• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Three's data is MUCH cheaper than all other networks - what's the catch?

Jezston

May 29, 2010
I'm currently on O2 and seriously looking to switch despite being with them for 10 or so years, they aren't able to make any deals with me on data which I am using more and more of as phone online features become more and more useful to me, and content richer - my 500MB is typically lasting me two weeks.

I'd have to up my

I've used 3 for years and have no complaints with their current customer service standard which has improved dramatically since I first started using them. The network performance has always been very, very good.

I suspect many of the bad comments are old; had I been asked three years ago whether I'd recommend 3 my answer would have been "depends.. network is good, customer service is abysmal". These days I would recommend them without reservation.

Upvote 0
I use them for mobile broadband, tempted to ditch t-mobile for them completely. When you pay for unlimited / all you can eat data, that's what you expect. I've had threatening texts from T-mobile after watching a couple of youtube clips, & that's with a monthly "unlimited" tariff. T-mobile's (EE) loss if 3's gain :).

Upvote 0
If 3 had AYCE data on their MiFi device.... that would mean people wouldn't need a data tarif on their phone (WiFi enabled smartphone, that is).
They could take revenue away from competitors that way.

I find it odd that I can stream media on a giffgaff phone sim, but not on a 3 MiFi (well I can but the data will run out as quickly as a London Cab meter).

So-called "mobile broadband" should be unlimited!!! Your phone can use it too!!! Then you wouldn't need to pay the likes of EE, Voda, o2 for data on your phone, use MiFi instead!!!

We can dream :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones