• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Tick/Click" Sound

Duckster

Android Enthusiast
Jul 20, 2010
Has anyone noticed a "tick or click" sound when unlocking the SGN8 using your finger print? I just noticed it a few days ago and it is very annoying. I'm not sure if it was previously there and I'm just now noticing it, but I'm working hard to ignore it...unless I'm the only one who has it. I've been looking but can't find where to turn it off it it is selective.

The s5 has a setting for that in settings/Sounds and notifications/other sounds.
See you you have it

Attachments

• 2017-12-07 01.08.07.png
    2017-12-07 01.08.07.png
    256 KB · Views: 101
Upvote 0
Well, well, well! It wasn't the Do Not Disturb test that resolved this for me but I gave you the BEST ANSWER anyway. While looking for the Do Not Disturb switch to test it, I stumbled across the Screen Lock Sounds option under Sounds & Vibrations. That was the fix!!! That little tick sound made it sound like something behind the finger sensor was broken. I LOVE THIS FORUM!! Thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks A Bochur. We must have been responding at the same time, so I had missed your response until after I had already responded. Credit to you both. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones