• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

'Times' swapable.

tommo47

On Yer Bike, In Yer Chair
Feb 5, 2012
Shropshire
Anyone else having a problem with the Times swapable? I've been using it for about 5 weeks now and it's been great until about a week ago when I got the response 'Your free trial has ended'. Managed to get it back by swapping out and swapping back in. Whilst doing that noticed quite a large number of app reviews on Play Store commenting on the same problem. I've got the same again today but can't swap out this time because there's 26 days left - shouldn't have to anyway. I've emailed the link on the app info and am waiting a response.

@dnapro - if you pick this one up I'd be interested in your comments, perhaps you could shed some light on the problem. Incidentally, I'm running version 1.2.3 which is supposed to resolve the issue !!!.

Just spoken to Orange and was put through to the Times help desk who have set up login details for me and I now have access from the login page.

Watch this space.

You were "put through to the Times helpdesk" ? So Orange are not responsible for this ?

Same thing happened to me. It was working fine for 30 days and then I get the message that my trial has expired (made me wonder was the swappable actually activated in the first place or was I only on the 30 day trial).

Upvote 0
There is no doubt that the app is the responsibility of The Times. If you look at the app on Play Store the support links are to The Times. The latest update to 1.2.3 was specifically to resolve issues for Orange Swapable customers. What isn't clear is the relationship between Orange and The Times. As with Deezer, there is clearly some sort of 'arrangement', financial or otherwise to allow Orange to offer them under the Swapable umbrella. This particular issue is, I think, outside the control of Orange, and to be fair to The Times has certainly been resolved to my satisfaction with everything working fine since speaking to their 'Android' helpdesk.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones