• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ting Referral Bill Pay Record

Drogyn

Android Enthusiast
Jul 30, 2012
Big title yes i know.
But I'm curious.

Not as to how many referrals people have gotten but this.

Using nothing but referral credits, how many consecutive months have you gone without paying a single penny from your own pocket to pay for your bill?

I am currently at 6 months have to wait and see if i pick up another before the next bill comes around (for the record, I have had my phone for 7 months, only paid the first month's service)
I asked ting about this, they told me that I am in the top 10, and that a guy on twitter @edenjournal has free service for life... not sure how he managed that but there you go.

So, where are you at?

Now I am replying to your post...

I have had Ting service for 3 billing cycles now, besides buying the phone. The first one I paid $8, now with the two referral credits I earned I did not have to pay anything the next two billing cycles. So hopefully I will have a small / no bill this month. And as I said on another post win/win.....

And I have to get in my plug :) Referral link.... https://za2ahjj411.ting.com/

Upvote 0
Logged into my account today to check on how much my last bill was...
Discovered that from July 2nd to July 13th I got 4 referrals.. thats $100 in credit that I didn't know about.
July is my anniversary month with Ting.. Been with them for 1 year now and earned a total of $225 in credits. Didn't pay a phone bill at all last year and likely won't pay one for the rest of this year.

Upvote 0
That's 35 total referrals, btw; they ran a $50/referral promo back in the spring. At the current usage rate of my wife and I (about $36/month or so) we won't have to pay a bill for 31 months as of right now.

It would be really nice if Ting would let you use your credit to purchase devices. I'd really like to get a HTC One, or a Moto X when it becomes available. My wife needs a new phone pretty badly, too (she has the Optimus S right now... haha).

Upvote 0
That's awesome, and I'd say if I am in the top 10 you certainly are.
Have to agree on using referral credits to buy a new phone, it's certainly worth putting to them, they are very customer friendly and at the end of the day you are still spending what you have earned with them

Upvote 0
I work from home so I use my wireless for data and VOIP the majority of the time. I'm not really on their network a whole lot except for when I'm away from home and for texting (but texting is cheap anyways). You can't beat paying for what you actually use.. my bills were around $17 per month on a lot of occasions. Use the savings calculator to see how much you could save: https://ting.com/calculator.

Upvote 0
Oh man, are you guys really getting that many referrals? Most people I tell about Ting say they don't want to switch either because they're never heard of it, they want unlimited, or they don't want to cancel their contract. Even after I show them how much they can save... I've only gotten one referral.

How are you doing it? Are you just asking people you meet, or do you run popular blogs with a high volume of readers, etc?

And of course if anyone wants to save $25 they can use this link:

$25 off Ting referral link.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones