• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root To the kid I met at FAU, bike trail, etc.

Yo sup, it's me. I think this is the wrong forum LOL.

I'm installing Bobz CM now. Too many glitches on Liquid Smooth unfortunately, and I can't have the battery drain on PlayfulGod's CM. We'll see how it goes.

what combination did you have with my build?? build-date? boot.img/kernel? firmware version prior to flashing??

My wife is running my last released build and doesnt complain about battery. I have my latest (public) build on it, ver c kernel/boot.img, and was on F firmware prior. She does have the backlight issue as she touched the brightness settings, other than that shes not bugged me about it. ;)

Upvote 0
what combination did you have with my build?? build-date? boot.img/kernel? firmware version prior to flashing??

My wife is running my last released build and doesnt complain about battery. I have my latest (public) build on it, ver c kernel/boot.img, and was on F firmware prior. She does have the backlight issue as she touched the brightness settings, other than that shes not bugged me about it. ;)

Hey! I installed the latest build. I don't really know much yet about kernel/firmware. I just rooted and installed your ROM a few days ago. My "kernel version" says "3.0.8 hanseog.kim@LGEARND4B12 #1 Wed Feb 6 10:42:14 KST 2013". I got the phone about a year back if that helps.

I tried a few factory resets and even reinstalled the ROM twice yet I had the same exact problem. Whenever wi-fi or data was on, the CPU would constantly run at max and the phone would get super hot. I installed BetterBatteryStats, Greenify, and some other CPU/task manager and couldn't find the culprit. "Media" had piled up 0.99 GB one day and after that, "Android System" ended up being the top battery drainer under "Screen".

Right now I'm on the latest "LiquidSmooth" and I'm getting a few bugs and random reboots. I haven't installed Bobz CM yet.

Upvote 0
Oh, those apps that are supposed to close apps automatically to help keep the battery low might be the culprit, anything above android 2.1 doesn't need it.

I ran Playfulgod's CM ROM by itself for a bit and experienced the same issues. I didn't always have that other stuff installed. I might install the ROM again to just see if it works... I like the ROM a lot; if I didn't have a battery plummet I'd love to keep it.

EDIT: Starting this ROM install now.

Upvote 0
I ran Playfulgod's CM ROM by itself for a bit and experienced the same issues. I didn't always have that other stuff installed. I might install the ROM again to just see if it works... I like the ROM a lot; if I didn't have a battery plummet I'd love to keep it.

EDIT: Starting this ROM install now.

It might be the phone, I have 2 motions. Both run stock at the moment. One dies faster than the other and also the battery gets hot on the one that dies faster...it might just be the device.

Do you use WiFi at FAU? Signal at FAU sucks with metropcs cdma. Metropcs gsm tho is working great for me.

Bad signal and trying to use data while having bad signal kills the battery a lot too.

Upvote 0
...My wife is running my last released build and doesnt complain about battery. I have my latest (public) build on it, ver c kernel/boot.img, and was on F firmware prior. She does have the backlight issue as she touched the brightness settings, other than that shes not bugged me about it. ;)

Sounds like we're in the same boat. "Hey, honey. Hand me your phone for a minute. No, I'm not going to break it, just flashing a new ROM... Again."

Upvote 0
Hey, so uh... I'm not sure how well this ROM is working for my phone. I have no extra apps and the phone has been draining my battery like crazy. Android OS is above Screen in battery use.

Media is downloading something daily. I lost my 500MB of 4G the first few days of having this ROM. Disabling Downloads and Download Manager works but I need them both to use the phone.

Considering I have no clue what to do next I have no choice but to flash a new ROM, unless anyone has any final suggestions.

Upvote 0
Hey, so uh... I'm not sure how well this ROM is working for my phone. I have no extra apps and the phone has been draining my battery like crazy.

Not sure if this is happening to you, But on mine.
When i hip the on-off button to shut off the screen, it sends one of my cpu s into afull load.
when the screen shuts off by itself due to the time limit i can hit the on-off button and activiate screen and cpus are fine

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones