• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transferred from AT&T, now low signal problems

rdoty

Lurker
Mar 31, 2019
I recently transferred from AT&T with LG-G6, used to have signal strength 4-5 bars but now it's never over 1 and I frequently get a "no service" message. I'm right in the middle of a strong signal area so what gives? I've tried all the recommended steps to improve but no change. It seems that "compatible" is a bunch of hype. Don't want to buy a new phone and don't want to go back to AT&T but......
Any thoughts?

Can you not connect thru WiFi? When I was on ATT, I *thought* I was in a high signal area - until I finally got frustrated, drilled down on their coverage map, and saw there was a hole right in my home area. Go to your provider's web site coverage map and drill down to street level. If you're in a hole, they're should let you out of your contract.

Russ

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones