• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Transferring music via USB with adoptable storage

cranaic

Lurker
Jan 9, 2013
Hi, I have a Moto G 2nd gen running Android 6--Marshmallow. I'm using Adoptable Storage, which means my SD card is encrypted and is treated as if it were part of my internal storage.

When I connect my phone via USB cable to my Linux or OS X machines, I am not allowed to drag and drop files onto the phone, or see the directory structure. In Windows 10, a bunch of "helpful" apps come up that want me to sync with Onedrive or some other tedious nonsense.

Do I have to use some dedicated sync program?

From what I am aware of you cannot see any files on your PC if you are using adoptable storage or transfer anything. I could be wrong though. :thinking:

Personally is would use my Box account and dump them on there and then drop them off my Box onto the phone.

Or you could upload all your music to the Play Music store and then pick which albums you want to download to your phone from within the app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones