• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trongle S2 (MXQ clone)

Kamelion

Lurker
Dec 14, 2021
Anyone had problems with apps crashing during loading on an MXQ box? The box itself boots Lollipop and is stable but the apps crash on loading. Can take several attempts to get an app running and even then they will crash the first few times. I cannot seem to find a reason for it.

Have you tried resetting it? Although a device that's running Android Lollipop is getting on in years now. and these cheapo "MXQ" type boxes weren't exactly the best quality and could be unstable when they were new. So could be a hardware problem, and really the only thing you can do now is to replace it.

I use a T95 box myself with Android 10, I bought last year, and it's actually pretty good.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Thanks for the rapid reply.

I don't think I have tried resetting it so I'll have to back it up to SD card or USB stick and give it a go. My 3 smart phones run Lollipop and don't have this problem.

I think it's the version of Lollipop that's causing the problem. Need to try other versions from SD/USB or alternative OS such as ARM based Linux. Any other OS I could try? Any diagnostic software for Android or Linux etc or something I could boot from SD/USB to test the h/w?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones