• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Trouble syncing Onedrive & Google drive files with desktop

countryblue

Dec 6, 2019
Lately, either they don't sync from desktop to phone or vice-versa, or it is delayed for a considerable length of time.

I have several word files I regularly update on the desktop. I launch Onedrive & Google drive, the systray icons show they synced, but hours later when I go to my phone, either one or both have not updated.

I just shared two screenshots a little while ago from my android Photos app to Onedrive. I could then see them in Onedrive, I then launched Onedrive on my desktop, the systray icon said everything was synched, but they were not.

I went back to the phone, went to "one" of the screenshot files, and selected "Make available offline". Finally they both emerged on in my desktop Onedrive folder.

I never had to do that in the past, and I also don't understand how making only one of them available offline allowed them both to sync.

I have bunch of youtube links I shared on my phone with with onedrive, The showed up as text files, and never synced to my desktop. I just now had to select them all, and "download" them to my desktop.

OK, so taking into consideration you have rebooted your router that reduces the chance WiFi connectivity is the problem and there's likely to be some kind of network connectivity issue that still needs looking into. Either your broadband connection so look into your modem or your ISP's service to your home. Does this syncing issue happen when your phone is using WiFi or mobile data (cellular)? If the latter, that's a different online connection issue. If it happens while using both, that would indicate an issue with your phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones