• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trying to install Android SDK, ADB.exe doesn't exist?

I can't help with firsthand knowledge, but - presuming you tried with the recommended .exe installer, maybe try the .zip instead?
Yeah, I tried that. No dice. Fortunately, I just took the ADB files from a computer that I knew had it working and it worked fine.

I still can't wrap my head around what went wrong.

Upvote 0
Did you download Platform-tools in the sdk updater? Cause 2.3 sdk has moved adb and a few other tools to platform-tools which have to be downloaded as ad "add-on". update. Whatever you wanna call it. :p
Ah, that might be it. Well, the situation is resolved now. But I'll keep that in mind for future reference.

Yep, that's where they were. Dangit, stop moving things!

Upvote 0
Can you be more specific? (About the issue, not the angry part.)

Haha sure, I downloaded the SDK and java (64bit). The when I went on tools the open the ddms? It didn't work, then I realised that thr .exe thing wasnt there so I downloaded it seperately. Then after this it then said I needed this .dll thing which I proceeded to download. Then it still didn't work, so I deleted everything and gave up lol.
I did try both the recommended file and the zipped and neither worked.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones