• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TV Shows?

leave it to beaver cleavers GIF

Leave It To Beaver

Upvote 0
I watch that classic 50's sitcom each morning at 7 on MeTV. Shows that are from that time or are in black and white just work for me.

Also Highway Patrol, Dick Van Dyke, Ed Sullivan, and Sea Hunt. People ask me all the time why I gravitate to old shows that are well before my time given my age, but it's always the same answer. Before Nickelodeon got any original content (up until the year 1984) they reran a lot of old black and white shows like Leave it to Beaver, I Love Lucy, and Lassie. Loved them all and just got used to them.

I can't name one actor or actress from my generation, but can easily spot greats like Tony Dow, Larry Linville, Harry Morgan, Barbara Billingsly and others just like that! Always blows folks minds that I can recognize actors I shouldn't even be aware of.

Upvote 0
Honestly surprised that M*A*S*H isn't even listed in that map. I think its finale Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen ended up being the #1 watched episode by the entire country. No show has bested it yet.

View attachment 171841
M*A*S*H was a terrific show, but considering the show was set in Korea, and the map is of shows set in the US, it would be very surprising if it *were* on that map…

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Honestly surprised that M*A*S*H isn't even listed in that map. I think its finale Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen ended up being the #1 watched episode by the entire country. No show has bested it yet.

View attachment 171841

This is the map that M*A*S*H would be on.

korea.jpg

Although aren't all American TV shows made in California(Hollywood)?

Upvote 0
Evevn though Mash was supposed to be about the Korean war , i just always figured it was filmed in the States...... I loved MASH though.
It was indeed about the Korean War (mostly the tragedy of war and its impact on so many lives), and thus was set in Korea (mostly South Korea, but I think at least a couple of episodes might have had some scenes set in North Korea) during 1950-1953.

It was staged and filmed in and around Hollywood, California from 1972-1983.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
M*A*S*H might have been about Korea's Police Action, but it lasted longer than the actual event and some have claimed it was meant to be about Vietnam instead of Korea.

Its finale still holds the record of most watched TV episode of all time.

There was one episode featuring North Korea, the season 7 episode where Hawkeye breaks into the peace talks and basically begs them to stop the war, but many involve North Korean soldiers, many played by either Mako or Shin-Tuk Oh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones