• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Uh Oh. Dead phone?

Hook

Ever since DU... ;-)
Mar 17, 2010
Northern VA, USA
I don't know what happened, but I think I may have done something really stupid to compound it. My phone just stopped working. Wouldn't even turn on. No response no matter what I did with holding the power button.

I hooked it up to USB cable and I did get green light. Tried to use WUGS to do an adb boot. It just hung and nothing happened and I couldn't dismiss anything. So, without thinking, I disconnected the USB cord. Now I get no light even when connected to power.

Did I just screw myself out of $350 dollars but doing something really dumb? Is there any way to save this. :(

I hope this thread doesn't end with "live and learn." The thing is, in the back of m mind I think I knew I shouldn't do that. :rolleyes:

Any help greatly appreciated. For now I'm going to leave it on the charger. It was, by the way, at 80% when I put it down maybe 30 minutes before I discovered the problem.

:rofl:

Glad to see it works!

I was going to suggest leaving it on the charger for a few hours. My original nexus 7 sometimes becomes unresponsive and thats the only way to resurrect it.

Yeah, I've seen something like that from my Nexus 7 (2012) if I make the mistake of letting it run too low. But the N5 has never done anything like this and battery wasn't the issue. I'm still laughing over the fact that I panicked because the charging light went out not realizing it did so because it reached fully charged while on the USB cable. :hahaha: :D

Upvote 0
Could have experienced a "sleep of death" (sod)

Hard rebooting should have fixed that though (hold power for 10 secs)

When it happened, no hard rebooting/battery pull emulation was possible. It just did not respond at all. That's why it didn't occur to be to try going into the bootloader. It acted just dead. Dunno. Has been fine since. Will simply carry on and hope not to run into it again.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones